Wolfram Mathematica Virtual Training – Self Paced
These video sessions give participants the skills required to tackle all required Mathematics for VCE Mathematical Methods Units 1-4. You will be shown how to use the software to answer exam-style questions, how to introduce Mathematica to beginning students, and how to create worksheets in Wolfram Mathematica for your students to use.
- Session 1. Wolfram Mathematica Basics
- Session 2. Wolfram Mathematica Basics +
- Session 3. Variables. Manipulation of data, table creation and usage
- Session 4. Creating Wolfram Mathematica worksheets to use in the classroom
- Session 5. Statistics and Probability in Wolfram Mathematica
- Session 6. Enhanced Wolfram Mathematica usage and participant presentations
This set of four video lessons are designed to demonstrate how CAS (Mathematica) can be used to introduce and explore complex mathematical ideas. Activities will be designed in such a way that will encourage student-centred learning. Sample activities and corresponding Mathematica files will be demonstrated. Participants write and share their own resources as part the course. Each video is approx 60 minutes in duration.
- Session 1. Mathematica as an inquiry tool
- Session 2. Designing your own Mathematica activity that encourages deep learning – a how to guide
- Session 3. Examples of deep learning activities that you can bring back to your own classroom
- Session 4. Presentations of educator produced lessons
WolframU Professional Learning Packages
WolframU provides learning paths, video tutorials, scheduled courses and special events for mathematics, science and technology teachers.